Academic Section, which consists of three stages :
- Nurseries for the blind , lasting 2 or 3 years according to the age of the participants.
- Primary stage, lasting 6 years.
- Intermediate stage, lasting 3 years .
Curriculum laid down by the Ministry of Education in the State of Bahrain is taught at these stages .
Blind Students in the Secondary Stage
Upon instructions from the President of the Middle East Committee, lnstitute carried out a pilot experiment py allowing blinds at the secondary school stage to mix with their fellow classmates who are not blind. The experiment proved successful after blind students became top students in the General Secondary School Certificate. The Institute gives students of the secondary stage all necessary services offered to academic stage students, including :
- Braille- published school textbooks for the three sections of secondary stage.
- Special typewriters for thr blind (Perkins).
- Supply them with a voice machine to make them listen to the curricula recorded on special cassettes specially for the blind, which are provided by the voice library of the Regional Bureau in Riyadh.
- Providing cassettes and records to record lessons during classes.
- Providing special typewriter paper (Braille paper).
- Giving supplementary mathematics and English language lessons.
- Accommodation in the hostel and benefitting from all its food and clothing facilities.
- Providing full medical care.
- Providing buses to transport them from their homes to the lnstitute and from the lnstitute to their homes.